MySQL database management tool
Database management tools provide a web interface for the administration of databases. The tools also allow running SQL queries from this user interface.
Plesk is shipped with the following database management tools:
- phpMyAdmin is used for MySQL databases.
- phpPgAdmin is used for PostgreSQL databases.
- myLittleAdmin is used for Microsoft SQL Server.
Note that you need to install these tools first in Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades Add/Remove Components.
Enabling direct access to phpMyAdmin
You can enable direct access to phpMyAdmin and make it accessible by browsing the following URL:
To do so, add the following lines to the file:
[databaseManagement] features.phpMyAdmin.loginForm.enabled = on
To open a database management tool for the selected database server:
- Go to Tools & Settings Database Servers.
- Click the icon corresponding to the database server you need to manage. One of the supported database management tools (depending on the database engine) will open in a separate browser window.